Forum

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

TP 6 , ALP

Hello everyone, please feel free to ask any questions

I am waiting for you to help ūüôā

Uploaded files:
  • 250px-We_Can_Do_It.jpg

Hi Miss Maha... I have  questions for u... My TL is about opinions ( asking / giving / agreement / disagreement) and my ls already know alot of the TL presented in the lesson... So can I add some more?...........

2nd question is... How to explain the form of the TL on the LA sheet? For example ( yes, absolutely / don't you agree?) 

3rd question is... I have a problem in connected speech.. How can you help me with that? 

Thank you in advance 

Another question related to that lesson as well....

In which stage should I add more of the TL? And pls notice that I have a text that already includes TL and I'm following the frame text based presentation. So should I add it in the clarification stage by elicitation maybe or should I present it before the productive task after the clarification stage while I'm setting the task? 

Quote from Nesma Essam on May 22, 2019, 12:15 am

Hi Miss Maha... I have  questions for u... My TL is about opinions ( asking / giving / agreement / disagreement) and my ls already know alot of the TL presented in the lesson... So can I add some more?...........

2nd question is... How to explain the form of the TL on the LA sheet? For example ( yes, absolutely / don't you agree?) 

3rd question is... I have a problem in connected speech.. How can you help me with that? 

Thank you in advance 

As for your first question, YES, you may add some more challenging phrase if you know that your Ss may find the TL in the lesson too easy, and this should be in the exposure stage or after clarifying the TL you may provide extras as if you elicited, it will still be Language that Ss know.. So, if you can add the new phrases in the text that the lesson is based on would be better, you may also change the text and use one that has some of the TL and some new ones, but be careful, if you assumed that Ss know the Tl and skipped some of them and in the class you found they don't really know them, it will be a problem

Quote from Nesma Essam on May 22, 2019, 12:15 am

Thank you in advance 

3rd question is... I have a problem with connected speech.. How can you help me with that?

For this one, you can find information about the connected speech in the HOs given in the input sessions.. you can revise them to remember the rules that may help you understand the areas needed in your lesson..

These are some links that you can check for further info about connected speech:

https://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/article/connected-speech 

https://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/article/connected-speech-2