Forum

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Productive skills?!

Quote from Ibrahim Elnagdy on May 19, 2019, 3:59 pm

Dear Mr Hamed,

I have some questions about my next lesson.

If you have 2 different models for the same subject as in my case here ( resume and a letter to apply for a job)

In the preparation stage should I give the Ls both of the models or just 1 and the second can be delayed after the clarifications part  and give it in the productive task as the students' level is intermediate and I'm sure that they know the basics of writing a formal letter.

Note that I'll clarify the organization,tone and language of a formal letter in the clarification stage

Dear Ibrahim,

Thank you for this good question.

The 2 models are not for the same thing. They are two different things. A résumé and a cover letter.

Well, I think you mean the exposure stage not the preparation stage. Because 'preparation' is a stage in the speaking framework. Anyway, they need to be exposed to both models because your aim is to make them able to produce both by the end of the lesson.

As for the order, it is up to you and your planning to determine whether to go 1.exposure1 2.genre analysis1 3. exposure2 4.  genre analysis2 or to finish the exposure for the two models then the genere analysis for both of the model's features. No difference as long as you follow logical stages.

I hope that clarifies any misconceptions you might have had.

If you still have any questions, please feel free to ask at anytime.

Hello Mr Hamed,

In the exposure stage can it be reading specific information instead of reading for gist?

Uploaded files:
  • Screenshot_20190520-040223.jpg
Quote from Ibrahim Elnagdy on May 20, 2019, 2:09 am

Hello Mr Hamed,

In the exposure stage can it be reading specific information instead of reading for gist?

Yes. It does not matter in a writing lesson what reading sub-skill students practice or use in the exposure stage.

Well done 🙂

Hello Mr Hamed This question is sent by Miss Aya Ragab

In the preparation stage I didn't find a video or listening track, can I use a text??

Another question

Is it a must that the text should contain the useful language

Or I can teach it later

Uploaded files:
  • IMG-20190523-WA0055.jpg
Quote from Ibrahim Elnagdy on May 23, 2019, 12:41 pm

Hello Mr Hamed This question is sent by Miss Aya Ragab

In the preparation stage I didn't find a video or listening track, can I use a text??

Another question

Is it a must that the text should contain the useful language

Or I can teach it later

Yes you can use a reading text if you want to.

It is very preferable that it has the useful language.